Saturday 28 April 2012

'The' Apple dress

About two weeks ago I bought some apple fabric from ebay.  It was amazing and I was so hideously excited about using it that I managed to completely psych myself out of using it.  I've done the same thing with some fabulous Cath Kidston.  It's the fear of royally screwing something up then not being able to put your precious fabric back together.

Well tonight I decided to grab the pull by the horns so to speak and just went for it.  I'm really pleased.  It's not perfect but then nothing ever is.  It's good enough that I'd happily let someone have it though.  It also has no buttons because I have no idea what to do with it.  I was thinking a couple of red apple buttons then thought it might be apple overload so while I'm considering options it remains buttonless.

So onto the pictures!


These are easily my favourite dresses to make at the moment.  They're fairly quick and simple and look really good.  It's quite reassuring to know that you can actually sew and crack something out in an evening especially as I was predominately making quilts for ages.  I'm also going to apologise for my poor cutting mat.  My eldest darling son has drawn on it with crayon and I've failed to get it off, even with baby wipes which we all know are the solvent to 99% of things that children draw with.  It's also periodically attacked by the cat just to make sure it knows it's place in pecking order (below the cat but possibly above me).

No comments:

Post a Comment