Sunday 13 May 2012

ICHF Creative Stitches and Hobby craft plus weekend fun!

On Saturday I went to ICHF Creative Stitches and Hobby craft exhibition.  I have to say I was a little disappointed really.  I suppose I was expecting more stitching stuff or better prices at a show but really there wasn't much I went "wow" over.  I did however spot some grey moda walk in the woods fabric but it was only in charm packs and I really want yardage so I was disappointed with that.  I couldn't get over how many stands there were with beads or that were pretty much unrelated to crafting at all.  One stand was supreme nails.  Now they were the only stall I bought from but how are they craft related really?  I did however buy some fabulous nail pens from them.  I currently have cow print finger nails which I am a little in love with.  I also have a rogue strawberry on my pinky finger, though my husband tells me it looks nothing like a strawberry.  Opinions are very much welcomes (but only if you agree with me! )






I wanted to take loads of pictures in Brighton especially as I was childless however I forgot to put the memory card in my camera so I had a camera but no way of taking photos which was disappointing.  The day was lovely and we found an amazing antique shop in the Lanes.  There were all sorts of wonderful things in there including a giant telescope and some fabulous antique jewellery.  I utterly fell in love with an 18ct gold bangle with loads of old cut diamonds.  Shame I didn't have £3k knocking around really.

Today we went to Lakeside Country Park and went on a miniature steam train which was great fun!  Jake had a whale of a time as he loves all things train/Thomas related.  We also stopped at a park halfway round and almost sent the boys into orbit.


I've been a bit rubbish on the sewing front the last couple of weeks.  I couldn't tell you exactly what it was that's put me in a downer but I do need to make one really amazing dress I think to boost my confidence back up.  I also think I need to try and make a different dress.  There's the most gorgeous chiffon dress in this months Sew magazine which I might have a crack at during the evenings this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment