Friday 4 May 2012

Today is #Blogitforbabies

After a pretty rough week I managed to get the dress finished and sent last minute yesterday.  Unfortunately the ruffled nappy cover didn't make it purely because I ran out of time.

Tuesday night Mr D. was poorly.  He had a raging temperature and we were unable to cool him down.  This resulted in me over reacting (of course!) and staying up until 2am when I deemed he was at an acceptable temperature for me to go to bed.  When we awoke the next morning Daniel mostly slept all day which resulted in extreme neurosis and checking him every 5 minutes.  This is in between falling asleep on the sofa, my eldest causing havoc because I had fallen asleep and some pretty horrific stomach cramps.

Thankfully we're all back to normal now, well as normal as we'll ever be!  So pictures of the dress I sent.  I appreciate people have seen it before but the idea was to donate the dress I'd already made and make a lovely ruffle nappy cover for it.  Oh well such is life and I'm just glad I could donate something to such an amazing cause.



I really need to discover a better way of showcasing my dresses.  It's particularly hard to get these wrap around dresses to fall the right way when not on a child.  Notice my stealthy buttons!  I could not find any buttons I liked to go with the dress then I remembered I had some self cover buttons which I think look ace.  The print is quite 'busy' and I'm now thinking that perhaps it was too much with obvious buttons.


I then moved onto the next disaster of the week.  I'd lost the sellotape.  No matter how hard I looked for it (in between comforting a groggy baby, tantrumming toddler and throwing the massive pity party for myself) it was no where to be found.  I was running out of time and had no other option than to improvise a way of wrapping the dress to send.






Yes in my infinite wisdom and creativeness I used stickers and a paper envelope (the dress was wrapped in a plastic bag so not likely to get wet).   I keep flicking between smug for my inventive use of stickers and embarrassed that I've covered a package in whimsical stickers.  At least it's a donation to a charity event raising money for babies and maternity services and not something more serious like leprosy.  Although someone with leprosy might be cheered up by the whimsy.


I'd like to wish A Cupcake Mum the best of luck for this afternoon with her Save the children #blogitforbabies event this afternoon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment